Please note that due to Coronavirus restrictions, self-guided visits may not be available on your desired date. We are currently offering limited availability for small groups alongside date reservations for 2021.
Visitor Centre FAQs
How many people can be admitted to the Visitor Centre at a time?
- Current UK restrictions do not allow groups of more than 30 people. We are offering pre-booked slots to self-guided groups on dates when the Visitor Centre is closed to the public. Entry will be staggered to allow bubbles to socially distance.
- Under normal conditions, we ask groups of more than 30 people to phase their entry into the Visitor Centre. Please be ready to divide your group up when you arrive. Many groups like to take half their party to enjoy the views while the other half visit the Visitor Centre before swapping over.
How long does it take to explore the exhibition?
- We recommend allocating 20 minutes per group inside the Visitor Centre for a student party and 30 minutes for an adult group.
Are student parties admitted?
Yes, however as the Centre may be very busy during weekends and holidays, we ask that group leaders help us to keep the Visitor Centre pleasant for all visitors.
- Please do not eat or drink in the Visitor Centre.
- Please ensure students do not sit on the stairs.
- Please ensure students are only allowed into the shop in small groups.
Will the visit be suitable for a group with mobility issues?
- Please view our Accessibility Guide in advance of your visit or contact us to discuss your requirements. In special circumstances, arrangements can be made for groups who do not wish to cross the bridge.
Will the visit be suitable for group with English as a second language?
- Resources in a range of languages are available from our Visitor Centre. See our Accessibility Guide for more information.
Will we still be admitted if we arrive late?
- We understand that circumstances out of your control may occur and you may run late for your visit. If you think that you will be more than 10 minutes late please telephone the Visitor Centre on 0117 974 4664 and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Can I cancel my booking?
- Please give at least one weeks’ notice via phone or email if you would like to cancel a booking. We reserve the right to charge you the full amount for your visit if you fail to show without cancellation.
What is there to do nearby?
- A short walk from the bridge is the Clifton Observatory. This camera obscura is the only one open to the public in England and provides spectacular views of Bristol. You will need to contact them to make a booking.