About Bridge Cards
- Purchase 50, 100, 400 or 1000 prepaid crossings.
- Crossings purchased together will all be added to the same card and cannot be split across multiple cards.
- Crossings do not have an expiry date.
- Your card is not associated with any particular vehicle. Once you have recieved your card, you can register up to two vehicles for faster ANPR crossings.
- You can recharge your card online or by phone.
- An additional £10 will be added to cover issue of the first card.
- Our Bridge Card team are available from 8.30am-12.30pm Monday to Thursday. Purchases made after 12.30pm on Thursday will be processed on the first working day of the following week.
Collecting your cards
New cards will be sent by second class post.
Applicants requiring three or more Bridge Cards should make arrangements to collect them personally.
Recharge cards by phone
Existing cards can also be recharged online or by telephone.
How to use your card
As you approach the barrier there are arrows on the machine advising where to tap and hold your card. Hold your Bridge card over this and the traffic light will change from red to green and the barrier will raise. The amount of credit you have left on the Bridge card will be displayed on the screen.
If you change your mind about your purchase, then return the unused bridge card to us within 14 days and we will issue a full refund upon receipt.
If you have used your bridge card within the 14 days, and wish to return the card, we will issue a refund, minus the crossings used and deduct a £10 administration fee.
Lost or stolen cards
If your bridge card is lost or stolen, a new card can be issued to you with the balance of your crossings remaining. A charge of £10 will be made to cover costs.
Have your details changed?
If so, please contact us to update your card.
Please note: Prices of bridge cards are reviewed annually and may be subject to inflationary increase if deemed appropriate by the Trust.