There are currently no paid opportunities available. Please check again soon.
Please click here if you are interested in volunteering at the bridge.
If you are undertaking a PGCE or an undergraduate or postgraduate qualification in History, Museum Studies, Archives/Records Management or Tourism we may be able to offer you an unpaid placement opportunity. We’ll work with you to set tasks and challenges that will help you meet your goals whilst experiencing working behind-the-scenes in our busy Visitor Centre. We’re also happy to facilitate students studying English as a Foreign Language via your Language School or placement co-ordinator.
Depending on availability we are able to offer:
- Part time, short term placements working with the Visitor Services team on an assigned project
- One day a week (to suit your lecture timetable) helping out as an office assistant
- Volunteering Opportunities as a member of our Front of House team, tour guide or ‘Explainer’
- Volunteering hours toward a project goal such as Duke of Edinburgh or Arts Award
- Internship placements for externally funded schemes
Schools Work Experience
The Visitor Services team are able to offer a limited number of work experience placements for secondary school pupils each year. Pupils will be working in a customer-facing role, engaging with the public, aiding tour groups and handling shop stock and money. The week may also involve some behind-the-scenes work with objects from the collection and representing the Trust at meetings with external partners. We are able to tailor placements to suit the needs of individuals based on the current projects being undertaken.