Where to Find us
You’ll now find Chapter & Holmes at both sides of the bridge!
In Leigh Woods (North Somerset) you’ll find our lovely converted Piaggo Ape sitting opposite the Visitor Centre. Sit and enjoy a drink on our picnic benches! Find us at BS8 3PA.
In Clifton Village (Bristol), we offer a hatch-style takeaway service providing locally made speciality coffees, teas, smoothies, cold drinks, cakes, snacks, sweet treats and soft scoop ice cream as well as a limited range of Clifton Suspension Bridge souvenirs from the Clifton Hub where there’s also outdoor table seating for customer use. Find us at BS8 4DU, close to the coach drop-off point.
Both of our outlets are open daily during the summer and on weekends and holidays between November and March, although Coffee Cart service is weather dependent.
We have worked hard to find the best suppliers in the country that hold our ideals true: Our aim is to be able to tell our customers every single item’s provenance right to its origin. As a standard, the very minimum we work with is fair trade, but the majority of our product is direct trade meaning that farmers and communities get paid well and can build their communities. These enterprises mean that communities can build schools and hospitals even when the wholesale price drops. We can tell you who roasted our speciality coffee and on which machine and which farms produced the beans. Everything we do is ethically sourced, traceable to origin, organic where possible and direct and fair trade. If you are interested in our ingredients origins, coffee roasters, tea suppliers, milk or cake suppliers or anything at all about us please feel free to ask at any time. We are proud of, and stand by, every ingredient we sell.
- We don’t sell any mainstream cola or Nestle drinks. Instead, we sell Karma Cola with a same ethos direct fair approach, as well as Cawston Press (which is a UK company).
- Our Clifton Coffee is direct trade so is the highest ethical standard for fair coffee, purchasing direct from the farmer. All of our teas are from Clifton Tea and are the same standards as the coffee.
- Our dairy comes from Cotteswold and Trewithian: the highest standard of milk, owned by the families. Likewise, our ice cream is from Roskilly’s who own their entire Jersey dairy herds. They only use this milk and are a family owned company.
- We sell Tony’s chocolate which has high ethical standards too.
Our products are all available for vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free and paleo diets. We believe customers should enjoy their beverage with their choice of soya, almond or coconut milks, and we source professional alternative milks which are designed for the coffee trade to provide the smoothest steamed milk without curdling. Our fresh cakes are available to cater to every dietary requirement too and are clearly labelled and certified gluten-free.
- Milk – Present in all milk recipe coffees, teas and hot chocolate. All drinks can be prepared with professional (non-curdling), almond or coconut alternatives.
- Nuts – All cakes are nut-free but are manufactured in a factory where nuts are used in other goods.
- Gluten – In all cakes aside from our vegan gooey fruit flapjack and other seasonal options.
- Egg – All cakes excluding vegan flapjack
- Soya – In all soya option coffees
We offer the finest food and beverage products available whilst minimising our environmental impact and this extends to our consumables too. Whilst this has almost become an industry cliche we are striving year on year to reduce our consumption and impact.
- All our single use cups are recyclable at any recycling bin and our lids are made from sugar cane which is recyclable and compostable even at home! Even our tea bags are made from biodegradable corn starch.
- Our drinks come in recyclable aluminium, apart from our water which is supplied in part post consumer recycled plastic and comes from just down the road at RADNER.
- Our cakes are baked in Bristol with good quality ingredients and any palm oil used in the vegan offerings is certified.
- Our serve ware spoons are made from biodegradable wood.
- We have zero food waste apart from coffee grounds which are laid to soil rather than put into landfill!