- The chains and suspension rods are made of wrought iron.
- The piers (towers) are built principally of local Pennant stone.
- The Leigh Woods (south) pier stands on an abutment of red sandstone.
- The Bridge deck is made of timber sleepers, 5 inches (12 cm) thick overlaid by planking 2 inches (5 cm) thick. Since 1897 the deck has been covered with asphalt.
- Total length, anchorage to anchorage 1,352 ft (414 m)
- Total span, centre to centre of piers 702 ft (214 m)
- Overall width 31 ft (9.5m)
- Width, centre to centre of chains 20 ft (6.1 m)
- Height (deck level above high water) 245 ft (76 m)
- Height of piers, including capping 86 ft (26.2 m)
- Height of saddles 73 ft (22.3 m)
- Dip of chains 70 ft (21.3 m)
You can find plans of the bridge by searching our online archive.