Sorry! The vaults are now closed for the winter. Tickets will go on sale in February 2024: scroll to the bottom of this page and subscribe to our e-newsletter to be notified when they become available.
You already know the Clifton Suspension Bridge, have walked across it, or maybe even taken a tour – but you’ve never seen it like this!
Did you know the Leigh Woods tower is built on top of 12 massive vaults? Put on your hard hat, climb down the ladder, and use our self-guide map to explore two of these unique, cavernous underground chambers.
This exciting trip is your chance to experience the Clifton Suspension Bridge like never before! Delve into the vaults with one of our White Badge Certified Learning Facilitators and see the bridge from a brand new perspective.
On this must-do adventure, you’ll be one of the lucky few to discover exactly what the bridge looks like from the inside. There will be plenty of time to take photographs and ask questions. Don’t miss the chance to tick our Underground Vaults Visit off of your bucket list!
Adults 18+ £10
Children 7+ £8
Tickets are released throughout the Summer season.
Underground Vaults Visit Restrictions:
Please ensure that all ticket-holders are aware of the following restrictions. For safety reasons, we may not be able to allow you access to the Vaults if you have not complied with the following:
- All attendees must be 7+ and under 18s must be accompanied by an adult.
- Minimum height limit of 1.2m.
- Shoes with good grip, such as hiking boots or trainers, are required. You will not be allowed to join the tour in heels, flip-flops or open-toed shoes.
- This tour includes climbing a vertical ladder and passing through a low corridor. Please ensure that you are physically capable of doing so.
- All cameras, phones, and devices must be able to fit in your pocket or bag so that you have two hands free to climb the ladder.
- Only small bags worn over both shoulders or bags with cross-body straps are permitted. Everything else can be stored in the Visitor Centre during your tour.
- Be aware that the vaults can be wet and/or muddy inside, particularly after heavy rain. Please wear suitable clothing and ensure that cameras or mobile phones are protected from the calcite saturated water which may fall from the ceiling.
Vaults Visits are sponsored by full fibre provider, ITS Technology Group’s ‘Faster Britain’ programme.
Education’s changing. Believe it. When the way students learn is developing by the day, the last thing you need is a connection that isn’t. Faster Britain’s network is made for schools and colleges like yours, who need secure, quick connections to help students learn and grow. Everything you need for today, with the capacity to handle all the tech and innovation you’ll rely on tomorrow. Built in. Visit Agile Education Faster Britain for more information.
Underground Tour Access Guide
Access Guide 2022PDF File: 1.1 MB