This prize draw is now closed. Winners will be notified shortly.
Combining rich colour palettes with illumination techniques to create striking illustrations using traditional free-hand techniques, internationally renowned Bristolian artist HazardOne has been recognised as one of the Top 5 female mural artists in the UK [The Guardian] and the Top 25 female street artists worldwide [The Huffington Post]. From a seven-storey mural in the heart of St Pauls, a community project on the Arizona-Mexico border, to the 79th Floor of 3 World Trade Centre, New York – her work takes her all over the planet – and now it could be in your home!
Section 1: Spiked Speedwell / Section 2: Silky Wave Moth / Section 3: Bristol Onion
With stunning views and awe-inspiring geology, the wild and rugged rock faces of the Avon Gorge are home to over thirty kinds of rare plants and wildflowers, beautiful insects and nesting peregrine falcons – as well as the iconic Clifton Suspension Bridge. Showcasing one of the top botanical sites in the UK, the mural features species such as the Bristol Onion – or Round-Headed Leek – a small and graceful nationally rare and protected plant that has a distinctive ball of magenta flowers on a tall stem; Bristol Whitebeam, a plant unique to the Avon Gorge discovered in 1857 by Miss Martha Maria Atwood; and Autumn Squill, a rare plant with pale mauve flowers that was carefully removed and replanted by Isambard Kingdom Brunel during the construction of the Clifton Suspension Bridge.
Specialist advice about the plants and their features was provided by the Avon Gorge and Downs Wildlife Project, who conduct wildlife surveying and monitoring and habitat management within the Gorge. They also maintain the Brunel Garden on the Suspension Bridge. With a packed events programme and plenty of information about the plants and animals you might encounter during a nature walk, the team will help you to make the most of your visit to one of the UK’s top botanical sites.
The mural will be on display to the public throughout the Summer at the recently renovated Clifton Hub, home to the Chapter & Holmes Refreshment Kiosk (postcode BS8 4DU). Prize draw winners announced at the end of October 2023. Stop by to admire the art and enjoy a quality, ethically sourced beverage from a local supplier!
Prize Draw Terms and Conditions of Entry
By entering the prize draw you are accepting these terms and conditions and agreeing to be bound by them.
- The prize draw is promoted by Clifton Suspension Bridge Trust, Registered Charity No. 205658, registered address Clifton Suspension Bridge Trust, Bridge Road, Leigh Woods, Bristol BS8 3PA.
- The decision of Clifton Suspension Bridge Trust is final on all matters relating to this prize draw and these terms and conditions.
- There is no obligation to make a donation to the Clifton Suspension Bridge Trust to be eligible to win. Entry to the prize draw is either (a) by making a donation/donations at www.cliftonbridge.org.uk/prize-draw, or (b) via post – by writing to Clifton Suspension Bridge Trust, Bridge Road, Leigh Woods, Bristol BS8 3PA including your first name and surname, email address, contact telephone number and the title of the prize draw promotion (e.g.: ‘Wild Bristol’). Opting out of the voluntary donation will not affect your entry into the prize draw and all entries (including postal entries) will be treated in the same way for the purposes of the prize draw.
- Employees, trustees and suppliers of Clifton Suspension Bridge Trust and any immediate family members or co-habitants of such employees, trustees and suppliers are not eligible to enter the prize draw.
- Your contact details will be kept solely for the purpose of contacting you if you win. Your personal information is managed by Donorbox, a GDPR compliant company based in Virginia, US and payment processors Stripe or Paypal. If you do not win your details will be securely deleted.
- By accepting the prize, the winner agrees for their name to be published on the Clifton Suspension Bridge Trust website.
- All entries must be recieved by midnight on 31st October 2023. Entries recieved after this time will not be eligible. The winner will be contacted by e-mail within three days of the end of the draw.
- Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winners. If, despite our best endeavours, we are not able to contact the winner(s), we will not award the prize(s).
- Prizes must be collected by the winners from Clifton Suspension Bridge Trust, Bridge Road, Leigh Woods, Bristol BS8 3PA.
- The winners will be randomly drawn from the entries received by midnight on 31st October 2023. The winner will be drawn by Clifton Suspension Bridge Trust, overseen by an independent observer. Clifton Suspension Bridge’s Trust’s decision is final.
- Each of the three winners of the draw will receive one section of the HazardOne ‘Wild Bridge’ mural. No other alternative can be requested by the winner.
- By entering the prize draw, entrants agree to be bound by the rules set out in the draw promotion.